Oil-less chicken recipe is for the health conscious. This chicken recipe is not just easy-to-make but hugely tempting and goes well with phulka, brown rice, quinoa or even with plain rice.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Chicken – 1Kg
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly Powder – 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger- Garlic Paste – 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 5-7 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken. Add the ingredients shown to marinate to the chicken. Mix well. Keep in refrigerator for 1 hour. (Longer for better taste and results)
- Add the marinated chicken to the Pan. Close it with a lid for 15 mins and allow it to cook on medium flame.
- Open the lid, you can see that chicken oozes its water, Allow it to cook for another 15 mins without the lid, until the water evaporates.
- Once the chicken fries, allow it to cook for another 20 minutes. Keep an eye and saute the pieces for every 2 to 3 mins. You can close the pan with a lid in between.
- Wait until the chicken becomes dark brown & your chicken is ready.
- For better taste and softness of the piece, you can marinate and keep it in refrigerator for 1- 2 hours.
- Try to use non stick pan or kadai (heavy bottom for even distribution of heat)
- You can make it with chicken bones but it is better to use boneless pieces.
- Keep the flame low to medium only.
- If you didn’t marinate chicken for good amount of time, you can add 1tsp of oil
- Addition of chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt depends on your tolerance level.
- You can squeeze a lemon if you want.